Sunday 18 March 2012

You take broken things and turn them into beautiful

I have to know that God has a plan in all this. Psalm 18:30 talks about His way being perfect, His Word proving true, He is a shield for those taking refuge in Him. 

Tonight, around 8 we received news that one of the guys in our groups sister passed away. There was no lead up to it, she just died, we were not told any details. 
20 year old Megan. 
At this very moment she is in the presence of God, praising His name. She is home. We are not. 

He leaves tomorrow morning, while we continue on and go camping for 3 days in God's creation. 

It's really tough right now, but I am resting in the goodness of God. He has opened my heart to grieving, but am abiding in His love. 

I am going to be 20 this summer. 
My breaths are numbered. 
But every breath I breathe is not my own but God's. 

I beg you to be praying for us. Pray for my brother in Christ, for healing - and strengthening, for his parents as they have to make arrangements, for him as he deals with the loss of family and as he struggles with the questions more than we are, as they suffer may they persevere and find the peace and hope that we as children of the risen Lord have. 
Please also be praying for the rest of us, that we may be in God's creation and remember His glorious deeds in the days of old. That we can be strengthened in this and be the family that our brother needs in this time. 

Hope. That is what we cling to. 
Thank you. 

(I just want to honour him and his family, so I am not mentioning his name at this present time as all of his family has not been contacted yet) 

No comments:

Post a Comment